Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My first review. Pilot Hi-Tec-C Venet



I will be using a plain medium sized Piccadilly notebook for all my pen reviews. I bought it for super cheap at borders and I think it should do just fine for these pen practice runs. In general I find the Piccadilly pages to be rather thin. Maybe it is just because it is brand new, but it doesn't lay open flat.


My first review is of the Pilot Hi-Tec-C. 0.3 Color: Venet.


I am still working on lighting and I have never been too good with the camera. So here is the text:

This is a Hi-Tec-C from the European colors. Found it on my favorite website jetpens.com!

This pens seems particularly scratch and cuts out quite a bit in the notebook. I know this is just a piccadilly notebook and that may be impacting the quality of ink flow as well, but this 0.3 really seems to struggle.

I do like the color though! Its a nice change from some of the darker colors I've been using lately.

All-in-all I will probably not use this pen often unless it is on much better paper. On the bright side-- I've completed my first review!

3 comments:

  1. Great review Melinda! I have a review coming up on this very same pen (hopefully soon).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like the price on the piccadilly notebook... (I'm a Moleskine addict) do you have any thoughts on the difference between the two brands?

    Also, I've been to jetpens.com and I want to buy a LAMY Safari (the charcoal one) really bad... BUT they've been out of stock along with most of the LAMY brand. Do they restock on a certain date that you know of?

    I'm pretty impatient as it is, but there's no one locally who supplies LAMY pens within a 2 and half hour drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pilot Hi-Tec-C pens are awesome. I think the problem you seem to be having has to do with the 0.3 tip. I prefer using a 0.4 for notes, while I use the 0.3's for sketching and light scribbling.

    The other day I loaned my black 0.4 Hi-Tec-C pen to a girl at a coffee shop. When I was leaving she said she'd return it to me the following day, but never showed up! I ran into her a week later and she said she had left it at home and mentioned what a great pen it was. I have the feeling she fell in love with it and I will never see it again! In the meantime I headed to my local Kinokuniya and bought me a replacement. I will never let it out of my sight again!

    ReplyDelete